Friday, February 6, 2015

Felt-tip Liner: Nichido 24 Hr Tattoo Effect Eyeliner Pen and Essence Eyeliner Pen Waterproof

Hi everyone.

I'm not really a make-up person. In fact, when I go to class, I only use Johnson's baby powder and tada~ I'm good to go.

The reason why I purchased these liners is because I'll be needing them for my cosplay.



So, on with the review...

.

ESSENCE- 10g
NICHIDO- 15g
The first one I bought was the Essence Eyeliner Pen. I was expecting so much with this because Essence is a drugstore brand raved by a number of beauty bloggers.

Nichido is bulkier compared to Essence and it contains more product but the most awesome thing about it is the fact that it's cheaper. I think this cost me Php239.00, while the Essence was around Php 260.00... I think. I've already forgotten but I can assure you that Nichido really costs less.




Comparing the applicator, Essence is relatively thinner and easier to work with if you're going with thin lines and delicate details. That was what I thought. True enough, the first time I used it, I was more than satisfied, but the tip suddenly dried out of product and doesn't deposit the right amount of product anymore.

Despite the fact that the felt of Nichido has thicker tip, I didn't find much difficulty on handling it, plus it deposits the right amount of product even on the top most tip which is what I love about it because I usually have to do thin lines to define the shape of my eyes and make it more anime-ish.



swatches
As seen, Nichido has better pigmentation.

Ok. I bought Essence first a week earlier than Nichido but still, this is a total disappointment. I still have both (two months later) and the results are still the same. Nichido still have a better pigmentation.



water testing
Both eyeliner pen claims to be waterproof and yes, they do stay there unless you rub it.

after rubbing

after more rubbing



As for the staying power, I only wore both for a maximum of 6 hours and they stayed on my upper lid without budging, except for a few fading on the outer and inner corner of my eyes.


FINAL VERDICT:
    ESSENCE- 6.5/10
    NICHIDO- 8/10


Again, I apologize for the LQ photos ^^"
...And I hope this helped :)

with chocolates & potatoes,
Kuroshirou

No comments:

Post a Comment